Sunday, December 9, 2007

An ol' Ozzy moment

I woke up this morning and I read My Utmost for His Highest. I had previously read this entry before, probably Dec. 9th, last year. Oswald Chambers said something that hasn't left my thoughts since reading it. He said,

"It is the good that hates the best, and the higher up you get in the scale of the natural virtues, the more intense is the opposition of Christ......Beware of refusing to go the funeral of your own independence."

So in essence it's not my sinful nature that keeps me from the Lord it's the "easiness" of complacency. What's funny is, it's always been easy for me to choose the high road over the world. But I have noticed a change in that as I have gotten older. Lowered standards in an attempt to be accepted. Right now, it's mostly a battle of my mind rarely turning into action. But if I keep up my inaction this situation, I think I will find myself, "of the world".

No comments: